This zucchini soup is one of my secret weapons. Whenever I gain a few pounds, I’ll whip up a batch of this and have it in place of my afternoon snack or in place of snacking on cheese and crackers while cooking dinner and without fail those extra lbs will come right off!
This soup is so simple, clean and healthy, yet full of such vibrant flavor.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 – 5 medium zucchinis (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cups (32 ounces) organic GOOD vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a heavy large pot (I use a Dutch oven) over medium - high heat
- Add the onions and garlic and cook on medium - low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent - keep the heat low enough that the garlic does not brown
- Add the zucchini, stir to incorporate with the onions and garlic
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes
- Let cool slightly and blend with an immersion blender until creamy
- Season with salt and pepper
- If you prefer your soup a little more creamy, you can add a few tablespoons of sour cream before blending the soup