This meal is hands down my go-to dinner. I prepare it at least once a week. It is just so simple, requiring both minimal ingredients and time. There are practically no dishes to clean up at the end, which is AWESOME. I honestly don’t think there is a better or more delicious way to prepare salmon then with fresh lemon and dill.
This little gem of a recipe falls nicely in line with the requirements of my Real Food Cleanse. I like to make this with fresh Atlantic salmon, but lately all my grocery store has is the farm raised Scottish salmon and I think it tastes just as yummy!
Serve over asparagus or your favorite green vegetable!
- 2 – 6 oz. filets salmon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt + pepper to taste (I usually use Cavendar’s salt-free Greek seasoning in place of salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash salmon and pat dry
- Brush olive oil on salmon. Salt + pepper salmon
- Cover salmon in chopped dill
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon immediately before putting in oven
- Cook for about 10 – 12 minutes
Calories 350, Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Sodium varies, Carbohydrates 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 43 g
Prep time – 5 minutes, Cook time – 15 minutes, Servings – 2 servings