This recipe is my healthy makeover of one of my all-time favorite dishes from one of my all-time favorite restaurants, Acquolina. At Acquolina, this dish is made with Trofie pasta and the most divine pesto, at home I opt to use zucchini noodles and this Against All Grain pesto recipe to lighten it up a bit. I promise it is still unbelievably delicious and savory…but if you ever find yourself in Aspen, I highly recommend you have dinner at Aquolina and try the real deal.
…..and this recipe is PALEO + VEGAN – very rare that I create such a yummy dish that checks both those boxes!!!
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- ½ cup Haricot Verts, trimmed, and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce – I like this recipe or sometimes I buy it pre-made from Central Market. If you want to keep this recipe 100% paleo + vegan you can leave out the 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Spiralize both zucchinis – see here for instructions on how to make zucchini noodles
- Blanch the haricot verts
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add the haricot verts and cook stirring constantly for about 4 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook and stir for about 2 more minutes
- Add the zucchini noodles and use tongs to toss noodles with haricot verts and tomatoes, cook for about 2 more minutes
- Add the 2 tablespoons of pesto and toss well to combine
Makes 2 servings